Umashankar Singh (Hindi: उमाशंकर सिंह; born 20 October 1974) is a senior journalist and Foreign Affairs Editor India news channels (NDTV India). He has been awarded Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards in the year 2010 & 2007.
Umashankar Singh NDTV Wikipedia, Wife, Twitter, Biography
|Born||25 October 1974 (age 47)|
|Popular As||Senior Editor -Political & Foreign Affairs, NDTV India|
|Umashankar Singh उमाशंकर सिंह (@umashankarsingh) Click Here.|
|Umashankar Singh click here|
|umashankar.singh click here|
|Awards||Twice Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards|
|Twitter Followers||436.1K Followers|
Foreign Affairs Editor, NDTV
In his career spanning almost 22 years, he have worked for TV news channels and agencies. Umashankar also associated with NDTV since 2003 and his present designation is Foreign Affairs Editor. His nature of job is to report from locations around the world and to analyze it when needed. He also cover Congress Party and Indian parliament when it is in session.
love to work in hostile and challenging situations.
Umashankar visited several countries including US, UK, Afghanistan, Pakistan, China (including Tibet), Maldives, Myanmar, Thailand, Taiwan etc for coverage point of view. He have covered Pakistan during 2007 Emergency, 2008 and 2013 General Elections. He also visited areas like Swat and Bajaur agency.
He got the chance to participate in Edward Murrow Exchange Programme For Journalists organized by US state department which involves travel to various US cities like Washington & New York and meeting their politicians, writers and journalists.
Before joining NDTV, He worked for ANI-Reuters in Jammu & Kashmir for more than two years. During this period,he extensively covered terrorism and counter-terrorism operations from close quarters and also tried to highlight the plight of the common Kashmiri people forced to live in an environment of constant fear and bloodbath.
He majored in history (from Dayal Singh College, Delhi University, 1991-94) and got a PG Diploma in Mass Communication (1995-96) from the Indian Institute of Mass Communication, New Delhi.
Awards Bestowed till now:
1. Ramnath Goenka Excellence In Journalism Award, Hindi, (Broadcast) 2010 for my spl report on Afghanistan ‘Taliban ke Garh se’
2. Ramnath Goenka Excellence In Journalism Award, Hindi, 2007 (Broadcast) for Spl Report on
BundelKhand Water Crisis.
3. INBA Best Reporter of the Year 2009 for Special Report from Pakistan on ‘Hindu Temples in Pakistan’
4. News Television Award for Best Current Affairs Programme (National & International category) for my Special Report from Afghanistan ‘Taliban ke Garh Se’
Pakistan PM Imran Khan’s exclusive conversation with NDTV (aired in 2012)
Uma Shankar Singh NDTV India
From Umatic Cameras to Mobile Journalism, 23 Years of Journalism. Lived in Kashmir from year 2000-2002. In 2007, apart from the emergency of Pakistan, he has been reporting from areas like Swat and Bajaur. Ramnath Goenka Award twice for reports on Taliban from Afghanistan and water scarcity in Bundelkhand. The Foreign Affairs Editor of NDTV India is interested in everything from local issues to foreign affairs. interest in sarcasm.
- Umashankar singh NDTV India https://ndtv.in/author/umashankar-singh
- Umashankar singh MOJO https://en.bharatpedia.org/wiki/Umashankar_Singh_(Mojo)
- Umashankar Singh Twitter https://twitter.com/umashankarsingh
- Umashankar Singh – WEF https://www.wef.org.in/umashankar-singh/